Looking for some fun and family activities to mix it up a bit in August? Look no further than the Carver County Fair! Celebrating agriculture and community and just a short jaunt from the Lake Minnetonka area. Live music, grandstand events (like a tractor pull and demolition derbies – now what could be better than that?!), a patio area, entertainment center, 4-H learning center, and amusement rides!
AUG 7-11, 2013 Gate admission is $7.00 per person and children under 6 are free. Admission for grandstand events is $8 per person. Check out the website to purchase admission tickets: www.carvercountyfair.com
The Carver County Fairgrounds are located at 501 W. 3rd Street Waconia, MN 55387. Waconia… Closer than you think! Here is a sampling of some of the events, and other entertainment that one can only find at a fine county fair:
- Grandstand events: BMX racing, motokazie supercross, tractor pull, demolition derbie
- Featured Bands & Patio Entertainment: wildlife wendy and her tropical birds, 4-H and FFA Children’s ag learning center, rock paper scissors contest, bingo, talent contest, beer garden, ventriloquist, amusement rides, johnny holm band, boogie wonderland, diamondback, pop rocks, livewire dj, cindy eggers, canyon cowboys, novotny polka band, blurred vision, unleaded, pedal pull, daiper derby, yasen marie band, jolly ramblers, jazz hounds, maiden dixie, charming scoundrels, paul christiam & more!
A few more reasons to get your cowboy hat or boots on and enjoy the show:
- Only at the fair will you find delicious Minnesota fair food finds like: “a pile of walleye” from walleye wagon, or an authentic Maine-Style lobster roll at the “Maine-esota Lobster Company”.
- If you spend $40 on toe rings, yep that’s right, I said toe rings, you can receive a $10 credit towards future toe ring purchases. Now doesn’t that just seal the deal for you?
- Deep fried sweets on a stick… Cookie dough, candy bars, and other delights. Yep! Enough said.