It’s official, “spring” is coming! We are just days away from daylight savings on March 9th and the first day of spring on March 20th. The weather may not be cooperating, however it’s time to start thinking about spring cleaning and more importantly, clutter.
This topic is important especially when you go to sell your home. Potential buyers should be able to picture themselves in the space which can be hard when surfaces are covered up or cluttered. Below are some great tips to help eliminate the stuff that can get in the way. The process of removing things can be tough, however, it is crucial in getting your home from just listed to sold. As we all know appearance is extremely important in real estate sales.
Follow these helpful tips below to help your home look its best and to be ready for the next steps in the selling process.
12 quick tips to organize and de-clutter:
- Keep high traffic areas clear and open.
- Try to minimize the furniture in rooms so it doesn’t become dominating (think minimal).
- Move items that don’t belong in the family room and living room, for example exercise equipment & desks. Keep the room feeling like its being used for its purpose.
- Get rid of plants that are not vibrant and refresh with better looking ones.
- Always make sure beds are neatly made and laundry is put away.
- Organize wires from TVs, appliances, and computers to ensure they look organized and hidden if possible.
- Everything in the kitchen and bathrooms should be taken down to bare minimal essentials; making sure counters are cleared off as much as possible.
- Put away excess knick-knacks along with family and pet photos.
- Clear out extra shoes and thin out the closets.
- Get rid of old magazines, newspapers and organize books on shelves.
- Organize items in your garage as well, removing any items that are not necessary.
- Don’t forget about your yard- it’s the first and last thing the buyer will see. Put away toys, yard work tools and keep greenery groomed along with keep all walkways clear.
The above information on Preparing for Spring Selling is provided by The Sarenpa Team. Our team can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 952-405-2944. The Sarenpa Team is a fantastic resource for buying or selling a home; it is our goal to thrill our clients with service beyond their expectations and to truly offer a “wow” experience! Thinking of selling or buying? We’ll honor your goals, answer your questions, and offer you choices We respect your time and offer a consultative approach.
We specialize in real estate in the following metro MN towns: Minnetonka, Wayzata, Excelsior, Shorewood, Deephaven, Long Lake, Victoria, Spring Park, Mound, Orono, Independence, Minnestrista, Chanhassen, Eden Prairie, St. Louis Park, Golden Valley, Edina, Minneapolis and all surrounding suburbs.